It was a long, hard week and it feels so good to relax in a whirlpool tub with jets massaging those tired, aching muscles. It does more than just make you feel better. It also helps your body heal in a number of ways.
Many cultures have used hydrotherapy for centuries. Long ago, the Romans, Greeks and Japanese recognized the benefits of using water for therapy to heal the body, mind and spirit. Now, in modern times, it is once again providing healing relief for many people.
In the 60s, whirlpool tubs became popular in California primarily for fun and romance. But in the 80s, this began to change and people started using them for relaxation and family bonding. The 90s brought greater growth as therapeutic benefits gained recognition.
To ensure that the therapy of derived from whirlpool tub remains beneficial, there are some things to remember in maintaining the water and tub properly. Among them are:
• Regular household cleaners are the enemy of hot tub water. They should never be used for cleaning your hot tub.
• Remove residual traces of detergent from swimsuits by using an extra rinse cycle before wearing them in the hot tub.
• Keep Air Control Valves closed when the hot tub is not in use to keep heating costs down and keep air borne debris and algae out of the water.
• Remove personal care products such as hair spray, hair gels deodorants, make up, lotions of all types and excess sweat to keep water clean and prevent the filter from clogging.
• Use an oil-absorbing, floating sponge to soak up excess oils that can clog the filter.
• Be sure the filter is proper installed in the filter compartment to ensure all the water passes through it. Clean the filter monthly and replace every year or two.
• Test the water weekly and always after adding water. Make sure that the ph balance is at the proper level.
Following the above guidelines, you will be able to enjoy the relaxing, healthful benefits of your hot tub worry free. If you are under treatment for stress, arthritis, diabetes or insomnia, you will enjoy feeling much better and may even find your regular treatments work better to control your condition.
If you have a hot tub, you know what a pleasure it is. If you don’t have one, there are plenty of reasons to buy one and use it regularly. What a wonderful to lean back, relax and enjoy the end of a hard day.